The Stadtwerke Energie Jena-Pößneck
We are your reliable partner for the supply of electricity, gas and heating in Jena, Pößneck and the region. We supply all private as well as small business customers with green electricity. Together with the citizens, we shape the local energy transition.
More than just an energy supplier: Sustainable and secure supply are our most important aspiration. We supply our customers securely with electricity, gas and heating. We offer customised service regarding modern energy supply and tailored products and services in the areas of efficient heating, electromobility as well as photovoltaics. Further, we provide expert advice on the topic of saving energy.
Initiating the local energy transition: As service partner, we work together with the housing sector, enterprises and municipalities to implement CO2-neutral and decentralised energy-, heating- and refrigeration supply and provide commercial properties as well as glass fibre infrastructure. We support ecofriendly electromobility and expand charging facilites corresponding to the local demand.
Out of love for our region: Since our company was founded in 1991, we have been actively committed to climate protection. As client for trade and industry and as significant employer and apprenticing company, we are economically important for the region. In order to contribute to the quality of living in Jena and surroundings, we commit ourselves to social projects as partner of culture, sports and the environment.
The Stadtwerke Energie Jena-Pößneck was founded on the 23rd of April 1991. The company is a subsidiary of the Stadtwerke Jena GmbH (72,1%). Further shares are held by four mainly municipal shareholders: The Stadtmarketing Pößneck GmbH (5,9%), the thüga AG (20%) as well as the Bürgerenergie Jena eG (2%).
Already our founding contract specifies not only our task of supplying Jena and the region with energy but also our goal of contributing to climate protection.
In addition, since the Stadtwerke Energie is a multi-utility-company, we are also operating in the areas of services and housing via different subsidiaries.
Download the organigram
- file_download Organigramm SWJ Beteiligungen
Managing director Stadtwerke Energie Jena-Pößneck GmbH
Your contact to the management
call +49 3641 688 227
Managing Director Stadtwerke Energie Jena-Pößneck GmbH
Your contact to the management
call +49 3641 688 226
Corporate mission statement
- We are initiator of the regional energy transition
- We offer tailored energy products reflecting the individual needs of our customers.
- We are a location-based complexity-management for development and support of commercial-, industrial- and institutional customer installations
- We develop services around the topic of housing.
- We are a sales organisation that operates as independently as other private companies.
- We want to secure returns and an increase in the company's value for our shareholders.
- We want to be a reliable partner for our customers.
- We want to be a fair and motivating employer for our employees.
Our business areas
- Reliable and sustainable offers regarding supply with electricity, gas and heating
- Tailored products regarding efficient heating, electromobility, photovoltaics and modern storage solutions
- Implementation of CO2-neutral and decentralised energy-, heating- and refrigeration supply
- Broad service regarding audit and consulting on energy efficiency
- Development and operation of electromobility infrastructure, glass fibre networks and commercial properties
Our guiding principle
- We are partner, doer and initiator. For our region. With all our energy.
We are ISO-50001 certified
The energy management system of the Stadtwerke Energie is ISO-50001 certified.